Top Nine Hemp Stories in 2019
2019 was a big year for hemp with many producers preparing to have at least one growing season under their belt. Hemp Production News is taking a look back at the most popular hemp-related stories from the past year.
1. ColorPoint KY, AgTech Scientific Merge››
The companies announced the ColorPoint KY facility would be converted to a hemp-only production, creating outdoor- and indoor-grown hemp products.
2. USDA Releases Interim Hemp Rule››
The new rule established the U.S. Domestic Hemp Production Program, which is currently reviewing state and tribal hemp plans.
3. Hemp Producers Face Harvest Challenges››
Growers faced a number of adverse conditions and went through a steep learning curve this growing season.
4. Largest Hemp Processing Facility Now Open for Business››
Paragon Processing, a facility offering total seed-to-shelf solutions for industrial-scale hemp processing, manufacturing and storage, announced it is now open for business.
5. Free MU Extension Guides Help Prospective Industrial Hemp Growers››
University of Missouri Extension specialists have produced four guides focusing on planning, agronomy, budgeting and marketing.
6. Free Webinar to Address Production Considerations for Growing Industrial Hemp››
The Production Considerations for Growing Industrial Hemp webinar, available to view on-demand, features key insight from Allison Justice, co-founder of SC Botanicals.
7. EPA Approves Use of 10 Pesticides on Hemp››
Nine of the products approved by the EPA are biopesticides and one is a conventional pesticide.
8. UConn Launches Hemp Testing Lab in Response to Industry››
Since the lab opened in mid-September, the facility has already begun testing samples from over 25 growers state-wide, roughly one-third of the licensed farms in the state.
9. Largest Industrial Hemp Processing Facility for Fiber, Cellulose Planned››
Dallas-based Panda Biotech is developing its first industrial hemp processing facility to produce high-quality, textile-grade fiber and premium cellulose.