Consumer Brands Association Creates CBD Advisory Board
The Consumer Brands Association has launched an advisory board to guide the organization’s work to enhance safety and ensure appropriate oversight in the burgeoning cannabidiol (CBD) market for consumer packaged goods (CPG).
Joining the CBD Advisory Board are:
- Mick Cornett, former Oklahoma City mayor
- Edward Davis, former commissioner, Boston Police Department
- Tom Galvin, executive director, Digital Citizens Alliance
- Karen Tandy, former administrator, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
- Michael Taylor, former deputy commissioner, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Recent research shows that Americans are confused about the most critical components of CBD — what it is, what it does and how it’s regulated. Ninety-two percent of Americans incorrectly assume, or have no idea, if CBD is regulated at the federal level, and 66% assume CBD products are safe. The advisory board will serve as a helmsman, providing thought leadership and strategic oversight for the industry as it moves forward in seeking appropriate regulation of CBD.
The Consumer Brands Association is calling for increased funding for scientific research into CBD and additional resources for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s enforcement and regulation of CBD in consumer products.
Full bios of the advisory board members are available at https://consumerbrandsassociation.org.