PORTLAND, Ore. — Cannabis Collaborative Conference (CCC) launches “Cannabis 101,” a series of instructional videos for entrepreneurs looking to enter the cannabis industry.
Cannabis 101 was produced using footage from more than 70 speakers and 30 sessions given at the 2016 Cannabis Collaborative Conference and includes content from experts in all areas of the industry.
Highlights of Cannabis 101 include:
- Oregon Regulatory Updates from Steve Marks, OLCC Executive Director;
- 280E – Save Tax Dollars– Learn how to minimize the impact of code section 280E. Learn what expenses are included in COGS and also what expenses are deductible;
- Dispensary/ Retailer Session – Learn from experts how to prepare a business plan that will assist in finding investment dollars to fund a cannabis business. Important info on executing a license application, understanding compliance and in starting a retail cannabis business;
- Producer/ Processor Session – Information to create a timeline for a build-out of a grow, inclusive of identifying property and the most efficient design, as well as build-outs of a commercial kitchen or concentrates lab;
- Packaging Your Product – Learn how to set a brand apart through unique packaging offerings accompanied with a marketing driven approach;
- Seed-to-Sale Technology – Software solutions and integration with the state system. Find out what is needed to track an operation, while learning how to be most efficient with workflow;
- Investing in the Cannabis Industry – A review of the law and regulations concerning who can invest in the cannabis industry and how, both directly and indirectly. Offers suggestions on maximizing investor participation;
- State of the Affairs from an Overarching Industry and Federal Perspective – Aaron Smith, NCIA;
- Concentrates, Extracts and Edibles – Understand the intricacies and how they fit into the marketplace. Also: regulations for packaging and labeling;
- Sourcing the Right Products and Services for a Grow Operation – Understand how to source the right product for a grow operation, cultivation techniques, and the value in choosing the right lab for testing;
- Creating a Powerful Brand – Proper branding is necessary to put a powerful punch behind a business: three marketing professionals offer mind-blowing recommendations;
- Understanding Risk Exposure– Navigate the legal risks of entering the cannabis space through a panel covering the many facets of potential legal exposure, investment, employment, policy, local jurisdictional regulations, and nuances of applications;
- Genetic Sequencing to Drive Traditional Cannabis Breeding – Basic science around cannabis genetics that will allow it to advance as fast as the rest of the agricultural world. By linking particular traits, such as pest-resistance, to specific genetic markers and using DNA sequence to “read” those;
- New Technology for Indoor Growing – Integration of new technologies, including automated controls, LED lighting and numerous sensors into the horticultural environment promise efficiency and success;
- Wholesaler and Distributor Workshop – Learn from experts that currently own distribution businesses and are making the transition into the adult use space. Topics include compliance, building strategic partnerships, product procurement and methods for creating strong distribution sales;
- Cliff Robinson- “Uncle Spliffy” – Speaks about being a passionate cannabis advocate who firmly believes that the herb helped him deal with the physical and mental stress of being a professional athlete for 18 years.
“For the first time on video, entrepreneurs looking to get into this industry find everything they want to know about running a successful cannabis business,” said Mary Lou Burton, CCC producer. “We’re offering more than 24 hours of video that covers everything from business plan to sales.”
Cannabis 101 educational videos are available online at https://ccc-con.com for $149 unlimited access or $29 for 48-hour access.
Cannabis 101, the Cannabis Collaborative Conference, and the Cannabis Creative Conference are produced by Portland-based Bravo! Event, which, for nearly 30 years, has produced large-scale corporate, trade and social events throughout the Pacific Northwest.
CONTACT: Cannabis Collaborative Conference